Whether it be those tiresome Girlfriend Lists or those hideous pinkified "girl games", we women have been told time and time again what we want out of games and gaming. But how often are we asked to be the experts on that?
Well, now's the time.
Over at Yudhishthira’s Dice, Brand does what you would think any sensible person would do if they want to know what women want out of something... he asks us:
Ladies, what RPG covers (or interiors) have you seen that involve a woman in the art that make you say, “I want to play that” or, just as good “I want to play her.” Or that make you feel like it is a game you could like, or be included in by a group of guys you’d never met and whose maturity you didn’t neccisarily know?
To help Brand get as wide a sample size as possible (and, really, because I think it's a great idea), I've decided to turn it into a meme. The rules are written below.
- Copy the text of the original challenge from Yudhishthira’s Dice and give a proper link attribution.
- Copy these rules exactly (including any links).
- Find images of game covers (interiors are okay, too) that make you want to play the game. Any kind of game -- video game, card game, tabletop RPG, etc -- is fine. Post them and include a short (or long) explanation on why the image makes/made you want to play the game.
- The original challenge is about finding out what women think about how game art is marketed and therefore it is targeted at women. I'd like to keep it that way, please.
- You can tag as many or as few people as you want. You do not need to be tagged to participate in the meme.
- When you make your post, please post the link on this thread so we can all see what others have said.
X-posted: lesbian_gamers & feminist_fandom